No language pack feature

Jun 10, 2009 at 6:42 PM

I read the MOSS toolbasket  documentation and deployed your solutions. But no where could I find the language pack features. I tried both application features on all the web applications and the the farm feature under operations. I was looking at the manifest file and dont see it listed in the manifest.xml. I am just curious is this seperate somehow. Also you PDF states to install this solution

SharePointToolBasket_MOSS.wsp

but when you download it it is

SharePointToolBasket.wsp

This this the correct one. I downloaded the toolbasket moss solution.

Any help would be great thaks

Erich

Coordinator
Jun 10, 2009 at 7:08 PM

Hi,

When did you download it? I just re-downloaded it to make sure nothing was wrong and I can confirm you that the application feature (SharePoint ToolBasket Resources) is well deployed by the solution and well present in the .wsp file. You must have done something wrong. Check whether the solution deployment was successfull or not.

Best Regards

Jun 10, 2009 at 7:58 PM

Awesome thanks thats what I needed to know we did a command line activate using the resources feature name. but now when I go to rate a document I get the following

The resource object with key 'RatingPrompt' was not found.   at System.Web.Compilation.ResourceExpressionBuilder.ParseExpression(String expression, Type propertyType, ExpressionBuilderContext context)
   at System.Web.UI.BoundPropertyEntry.ParseExpression(ExpressionBuilderContext context)
   at System.Web.UI.ControlBuilder.FillUpBoundPropertyEntry(BoundPropertyEntry entry, String name)
   at System.Web.UI.ControlBuilder.AddBoundProperty(String filter, String name, String expressionPrefix, String expression, ExpressionBuilder expressionBuilder, Object parsedExpressionData, Boolean generated, String fieldName, String formatString, Boolean twoWayBound)
   at System.Web.UI.ControlBuilder.PreprocessAttribute(String filter, String attribname, String attribvalue, Boolean mainDirectiveMode)
   at System.Web.UI.ControlBuilder.PreprocessAttributes(ParsedAttributeCollection attribs)
   at System.Web.UI.ControlBuilder.Init(TemplateParser parser, ControlBuilder parentBuilder, Type type, String tagName, String id, IDictionary attribs)
   at System.Web.UI.ControlBuilder.CreateBuilderFromType(TemplateParser parser, ControlBuilder parentBuilder, Type type, String tagName, String id, IDictionary attribs, Int32 line, String sourceFileName)
   at System.Web.UI.ControlBuilder.CreateChildBuilder(String filter, String tagName, IDictionary attribs, TemplateParser parser, ControlBuilder parentBuilder, String id, Int32 line, VirtualPath virtualPath, Type& childType, Boolean defaultProperty)
   at System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.ProcessBeginTag(Match match, String inputText)
   at System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.ParseStringInternal(String text, Encoding fileEncoding)

any ideas?

Coordinator
Jun 10, 2009 at 9:28 PM

Yeah! It means that the feature did not deploy the language files in the web app_global_resources folder and that's why the key is not found. So, either the feature failed to activate, either ou didn't activate the right one.

In any case, you should see the feature in the central admin and make sure you activate it for the right SharePoint application....(ie not activate it for the central admin app)