Document Rating System MOSS can't activate site collection features

May 22, 2009 at 3:20 AM

After adding and deploying the solution I see the following 3 items in my Site collection features:

1. Document Rating
  2. Document Rating Review Workflow
  3. Document Rating Search WebPart

1)

When I tried to activate "Document Rating", I get the following error:

One or more features must be turned on before this feature can be activated.
Rating solution Language files

Where do i turn on the Ration solution Language files? I dont see that feature in the Site collection features list.

2)

When i tried to activate "Document Rating Search WebPart", I get the following error:

One or more features must be turned on before this feature can be activated.
Rating solution Language files
Document Rating
Document Rating Search

I can't activate "Document Rating" as mentioned earlier. As for "Document Rating Search", by the looks of it, it should be like the one which I'm suppose to activate in Site collection features?

May 22, 2009 at 3:38 AM
Edited May 22, 2009 at 3:47 AM

I think I missed your manual.

Just followed the manual.

I don't see "Rating solution Language files" in the Manage farm features.

Coordinator
May 22, 2009 at 8:24 AM

This feature is in the application features not in the farm features. Make sure to select the right application.

May 22, 2009 at 8:41 AM

Got it. Thanks.

May 22, 2009 at 8:46 AM

Now i'm getting this error:

Could not find the required crawled properties => ows_RateValue

That is when i activate "Document Rating Search".

Coordinator
May 22, 2009 at 9:03 AM
Edited May 22, 2009 at 9:04 AM

It's normal. As stated in the manual (in red...:)) this feature can only be activated when the document rating system has been deployed and used for a while. Next you need to run a full crawl so that the new crawled properties are known by the search engine.

So, it's easy :

- Activate the Document Rating feature at site collection level (any site col)

- Associate one of its content type with a list

- Put some content

- Run a full crawl

- Activate the farm feature

- Run again a full crawl so that the new managed properties are indexed properly and are usable in the Rating Search Core Results webpart

I can't do it a better way since the pre-requisite is that the search engine must know the crawled property...

Best Regards

May 22, 2009 at 9:06 AM

Thanks for the help.

Coordinator
May 22, 2009 at 9:08 AM

You're welcome. Don't hesitate to get back. If we have one discussion post with all the problems that might be encountered, it's gonna be helpfull to others :) even if so far everything was in the manual :)) but I can understand not everybody has time to read 40 pages...