Deployment Error

May 4, 2009 at 7:05 PM
Hi,

I downloaded the April 24 SharePoint Document Rating Source WSS.  After I rebuild the project and deploy, then attempt to activate the collection feature I get: Failed to instantiate file "PageRating.webpart" from module "WebParts": Source path "PageRating.webpart" not found.  If I redeploy and activate the original WSP then apply my updates all works fine.  Any help here would be much appriciated.

BTW, this is exactly what we were looking for.  If you plan on releasing a pay / supported version please let me know and we'll gladly pay for it.

Thanks, Rick
Coordinator
May 5, 2009 at 7:08 AM
Hi Rick,

I don't know what you're trying to do but the file PageRating.webpart is deployed by the document rating feature. If you get this message, it means that the feature doesn't find this file anymore, most probably because you renamed it or move it?

Best Regards
May 11, 2009 at 8:07 PM

Hi Stephane,

I've tried several solution for redeploying and still getting this error on feature activate.  To build the WSPBuilder I am using WSPBuilder.  I have noticed the PageRating.webpart is not showing in the Resources section of the manifest.  Even if I manually add it I'm still having this issue.  Again, any help would be much appriciated.  This one has me stumped.

Thanks, Rick

Coordinator
May 12, 2009 at 9:03 AM

Hi Rick,

Do you see the .webpart file in your VS solution? If you want, you can send me your solution by e-mail stephaneey@hotmail.com and I'll have a look.

Best Regards