Document Rating - Adding to InfoPath Site content Type

Apr 30, 2009 at 12:40 AM
First of all, I want to thank you for this rating system, it is very useful. I have been struggling to figure out how I can attach it to a site content type that I created using Infopath. I tried it, but I am getting an error when I try to View Comments. Here is what I did -

I created a form in Infopath and then published it to a site. Next I created a site content type and inherited from Document Rating, so that gave me the two columns of Voting Results and View Comments. Next I created a Document Library and added the content type that I created at the site level. I then attached the infopath template that I had published as the template for the new content type. I then added the columns from the my Infopath content type to the Document Library, so now I have all the columns, including the two from document rating. After I submit a new item, I can click on Rate and then rate the document and add a comment. The problem is when I click on View Comment. It gives me an error:

You cannot rate this list   at HighLight.ApplicationPages.ItemReport.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
   at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive()
   at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

I am not a developer, so I am not sure why I am getting the error. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Dhruv
Coordinator
May 21, 2009 at 8:44 AM

Hi,

Which version did you download? I can't find this error message in my current solution. You could try to download the latest version and make a stsadm -o upgradesolution with it.

Best Regards