No votes for documents

Jan 20, 2009 at 8:50 PM
Hi,

I've deployed the rating feature in my dev environment and for discussion forums it works fine however when trying to add ratings to a document librarys I do not get the vote option next to the document or on the context menu.

I have followed your instruction in enabling content type management and have added  the document rating content type to teh library.

Any ideas?

Thanks for your help

Rgds
Steve

Coordinator
Jan 20, 2009 at 10:37 PM
Hi,

Yes but you also need to associate the "Document Rating" content type to your documents of course. Just associating the content type at the document library level isn't enough. You can see the discussions about that at the original location of the project http://www.codeplex.com/spdocrating/Thread/List.aspx

Best Regards
Jan 21, 2009 at 12:49 PM
Hi,

Thanks for the swift response.

Now working well.

Great solution.

Rgds
Steve
Aug 4, 2009 at 7:08 AM

Hi,

I have redeployed the document rating to my testing farm, everything goes fine even the configuration of the library, however, when I vote for a doucment which is "Document Rating" type, error "File Not Found" is displayed when I submit the rating and comments to this doucment. Any idea why is this happening? Please advise.

Aug 4, 2009 at 8:54 AM

Hi,

My fault, the error "File Not Found" is gone after I added the FQDN of current site to Alternate Access Mappings in Central Admin. Thanks!

Coordinator
Aug 4, 2009 at 8:57 AM

Ok, thanks for your feedback!