Document Rating - But no Content Types

Feb 19, 2010 at 10:42 AM

Hi, I finally could deploy the Document Rating for Moss but got not a single contect type in MOSS.

Rating System

Document Rating
Event Rating
Issue Rating
Item Rating
Link Rating
Picture Rating

None of those appear.

Any help or idea is appreciated.

Feb 22, 2010 at 8:09 AM

OK, seems to be a learning curve for me....
Now as I searched within earlier discussion on this site, I noticed that I had to activate the Document Rating within the Site Collection Features and NOT within CA as it's even not listed there.
What I saw so far: most of the questions/issues were related to CA vs. Site Colelctions...

So after activating Document Rating within the Site Collection > Site Actions > Site Collection Features, I saw immediately the Site Content Types as requested.

Finally, nothing was wrong, just a lack of knowledge ;-)

Coordinator
Feb 25, 2010 at 4:14 AM

Hi,

Glad that you found the answer yourself. Don't hesitate to download the manual that's available in the donwload tab. Everything is explained and illustrated with pictures!

Best Regards

Nov 29, 2010 at 9:03 AM

Hi Stephane I have installed and activated that "Rating Solution Language Files" from the CA, but i could not activate the "Document Rating" and it is showing the message as "One or more features must be turned on before this feature can be activated". Please help me.

Nov 29, 2010 at 10:01 AM

Hi Vijaymca,

I found that this message can be ignored and focused on the site collection feature activation. This was only available as MOSS ADmin or Site Collection Admin, so make sure you have the appropriate permissions.

Once logged in I went to Site Actions > Site Settings > Site Collection Administration > Site Collection features

Activated "Document Rating"

Forv the iniotitla Rating/voting I used the new added Content Types underneath the

Rating System

• Document Rating
  • Event Rating
  • Issue Rating
  • Item Rating
  • Link rating
  • Picture Rating

To activate features on several sites I used the stsadm extension gl-activatefeature

This can be downloaded from http://stsadm.blogspot.com/

I hope this works for you as well.

Cheers

Nov 29, 2010 at 10:36 AM

I have reached to Site Collection features>Document Rating. But when I clicking on the activate it showing the "One or more features must be turned on before this feature can be activated" message. What should i do.. please help me.

Which feature need to be activated. Already i have activated that Rating Solution Language Files from the CA.