form designer

Feb 11, 2010 at 4:02 PM

I have the spformsdesigner.wsp deployed to my server but can't activate the feature for some reason, what am I doing wrong?

Coordinator
Feb 11, 2010 at 5:23 PM

Do you get an error message?

Feb 11, 2010 at 5:33 PM

I actually figured it out and got it working. The problem was I didn't activate it at the site level I was looking for it in the central admin instead of the site settings. The other issue I noticed is that it doesn't let me modify any of the forms for lists created in datasheet view.

Coordinator
Feb 11, 2010 at 5:39 PM

You can only re-design the web-fased forms indeed. No interaction with the datasheet view.

Mar 5, 2010 at 3:05 PM

Hello.  I downloaded and installed Forms Designer.  It worked great...one time only.  Oh, I can get the designer to come up just fine, but when I hit "Submit" to save the design and go into my list, it's still in the default SP layout.  Here's what I'm doing:

1. Make sure Forms Designer is activated in site collection.
  2. Create a custom list
  3. Turn Manage Content Types on
  4. Change "All Groups" to "Modifiable Forms" as the group, then select "Modifiable Item"
  5. Set Modifiable Item as default by deleting "Item" content type
  6. Create Columns, one by one, from scratch.
  7. Go to the default view, select Actions - Design Form
  8. Lay out my fields the way I want them on the grid and click "Submit", then "Close"
  9. At the view screen, click "New" arrow.  "Modifiable Item" shows up in the dropdown.
  10. The form opens

And when the form opens, it's always in the default SharePoint layout, not in the format I laid out  Any suggestions would be helpful; thanks.