This project is read-only.

features failed during deployment

Jan 27, 2010 at 10:42 PM

Hello Stephane,

I get the below errors after I run the deploysolution command.   We had an earlier version, so I downloaded the latest version, did upgradesolution and then deploysolution.  This is my result in CA.  After receiving the below error, I did the installfeature and activatefeature commands with the force attribute. Errors not resolved. Not sure what to do now.  Any suggestions?

Name: sharepointtoolbasket.wsp Type: Core Solution Contains Web Application Resource: Yes Contains Global Assembly: Yes Contains Code Access Security Policy: No Deployment Server Type: Front-end Web server Deployment Status: Error Deployed To: None Last Operation Result: The installation of features failed during deployment of the solution. Last Operation Details: SERVERNAME : A feature with ID 8c05d298-1369-420e-9369-369f5332fbd4 has already been installed in this farm.  Use the force attribute to explicitly re-install the feature.
SERVERNAME : A feature with ID 8c05d298-1369-420e-9369-369f5332fbd4 has already been installed in this farm.  Use the force attribute to explicitly re-install the feature.
Last Operation Time: 1/27/2010 3:42 PM

Thanks, Gary

Feb 11, 2010 at 6:28 PM

Hi Gary,

You probably installed an individual package previously and as stated in the manuals, you can't reinstall the global package (sptoolbasket) if you installed an individual package first because they contain some common features...

Therefore, SharePoint considers that this feature belongs to another package. You should retract all the installed packages first and then reinstall SharePointToolbasket that contains everything anyway.

Best Regards