This project is read-only.

Error: SOAP Request Failed

Nov 17, 2009 at 6:18 PM

This control look exactly like what I need for some of my larger lists but I am running into an issue.  I have installed the AJAX lookup control on our sharepoint environment and added it to a simple test list to test and when I start typing into the field I see a message show up in the status bar of my IE7 window stating "SOAP Request failed".  Any ideas or help is greatly appreciated?

Nov 17, 2009 at 6:40 PM

Hi,

It seems that for some reason it's not able to contact the web service. Just try to open this URL in your browser : http://yoursite/_vti_bin/lists.asmx

and see if you can access it or if an error is thrown...this happens sometimes in some environments

Best Regards

Nov 17, 2009 at 6:44 PM

Thank you for your reply.  I tried to hit the lists web service as you suggested and that appears to be working.  I get back all the different commands that service provides.

Nov 17, 2009 at 7:34 PM

It's may be a firewall issue or whatever...since this is an AJAX call, it might be filtered somehow. It's definitely related to your environment except if you made a configuration error (i.e: linking the field to a list and then deleting the list...that kind of mistakes)

Nov 17, 2009 at 7:37 PM

I think you are right...I am looking through the configuration now.  I know its not a firewall issue because it is running on my development system which is a stand-alone sharepoint installation all on a single server with no firewall running on that particular server.  But there may be a configuration problem somewhere interfering with it.

Thanks Stephane