Installation issues in MOSS with SP Tool Basket Moss Solution

Aug 25, 2009 at 4:44 PM

Hope my inquiry helps others. I'm looking forward to using this solution, but having trouble installing on my single test server. I've never installed this solution till today.

I have Moss with IU (6318) on a single server (Win2k3, sp2, x86) with a separate SQL database server (2005). I made sure my dot net framework was all up to version 3.5.

I downloaded the SharePoint Tool Basket MOSS Solution, dated Aug 9th, then downloaded the SharePoint Tool Basket Manual , dated Aug 9th and 2815k, and started reading and preparing to deploy. One thing I noticed is that the Solution downloaded as SharePointToolBasket.wsp and not as the manual showed (SharePointToolBasket_Moss.wsp on about page 3), but I proceeded. After doing the addsolution and deploysolution, which appeared to work with no errors, I did not see next piece, SharePoint Tool Basket Language Files, in my manage farm features in CA. All I see, after deploying solution, in my Manager Farm Features is Document Rating Search and Page Rating Policy.

So that is where I'm at. Anyone have a suggestion or remedy? Thanks in advance >Lee

Coordinator
Aug 25, 2009 at 5:12 PM

Hi,

The rating language files feature is not a farm feature but an application feature. You should therefore have a look at "Manage web application features" in CA and make sure to activate it for the right application (the one that contains your site collections when you plan to use the solution)

Best Regards

Aug 25, 2009 at 5:32 PM

You are right - mucho thanks! I was in Operations, Global Config, Manage farm features instead of App Mgmt, Manage Web Application Features

ugh!

U d`bomb!