Error: Access Denied

Jul 20, 2009 at 8:16 PM
Edited Jul 20, 2009 at 8:16 PM

After I create a new item (I've only tested this with the "Item Rating" content type), when I go to edit it, I get this message: "Error:  Access Denied."

I have set myself as having full control over the site, and have also made myself moderator, but for some reason I still get the same error.

Coordinator
Jul 21, 2009 at 6:34 AM

Hi,

If you just create a standard Item, do you also have the problem? It seems that it's a security issue but ...it shouldn't be related to the rating solution.

Best Regards

Jul 21, 2009 at 1:04 PM

No, I do not have the same problem with the regular items.

Coordinator
Jul 21, 2009 at 1:08 PM

Well, it's quite incredible! It's the first time this error is reported. Which solution did you download? 

What I'd do in your place would be to check the 12\LOGS to see if you have extra information about the error. It sounds wierd.

Jul 21, 2009 at 1:41 PM

I downloaded the "SharePoint Document Rating Solution WSS."

I can't find any errors in the Log files.

There could have been a problem with my install.  The .resx files didn't copy themselves over properly so I had to manually copy them.

Anyway, since I couldn't get this stood up in time we're going a different route.  Thanks for your help anyway.  It looked great.

Coordinator
Jul 21, 2009 at 1:56 PM

Ok good luck then :). The resources files should be deployed when you activate the application feature "Rating Resources Language Files". It's not an automatic process, you must activate the feature manually.

Jul 21, 2009 at 2:18 PM

We did activate the feature, but the resource files were not copied.