Page Rating

Jul 14, 2009 at 8:51 PM

Hi,

This is a great rating webpart.  We looked for a while before stumbling on to this one!

Just one issue - I'm hearing back from the users.  I'm using the Page Rating out of the box per the install.  After adding the webpart the users click on the stars to rate it does not appear intuitive that the average rating displays.  For example, if I rate a 2 stars and the rating displays 4 stars I would be confused as the user as to why this is happening and not realizing that it's the average of all the ratings.  Is there a way to turn that off and just show the rating of the user rating?  If there isn't, I'd like to fool with the code to see if we can do this and display the average rating somewhere after the user rates.  Where in the code would I begin?

Thanks for the help!

Vinny

Coordinator
Jul 21, 2009 at 6:33 AM

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback. Most of the rating solutions work that way "ie: showing the average of all ratings". What could be added is something like "your rating : xxx". I'll try to include that in the next release

Best Regards

Jul 21, 2009 at 3:19 PM

Great!  Thanks for the reply.  Do you know the timing of the next release?

Coordinator
Jul 22, 2009 at 10:46 AM

Hi,

Not yet because I've got a few things to do, this will probably require 2 or 3 days of development, meaning 3 week-ends :)).

Best Regards