Error while Rating a document from Search Result page

Jul 8, 2009 at 1:36 PM

Hi

I've followed the manual to get the document ratings in search results page. However when i click on the star or Rate It! link I'm redirected to the rating page and when i submit my rating it says error

Cannot complete this action.

Please try again.

Coordinator
Jul 9, 2009 at 5:22 AM

Strange! Which version did you download and when? Cannot complete this action is certainly due to a security problem.

Jul 9, 2009 at 4:13 PM

Thanks Stephy.

I downloaded recently (I mean just 2/3 days back..). Yeah I might agree it is bcoz of security issue. But i'm not sure to check which security configuration to check bcoz i've reset the user profile and re-added the users in group.

So I went on a work around for now: Edited the search result XSL to Redirect to a filtered view where the user will find only the particular document to rate from there. I know its round trip for user but as of now i cudn't figure out any near solution.

However, I'm using this in a 64 bit MOSS on a 64bit Windows server 2008. I suspect some security feature of Windows 2008 might cause this or not.. donno.. just a guess.

Coordinator
Jul 9, 2009 at 5:15 PM

I've never tested on a 64 bits platform. This will be done soon since I've just setup my own laptop on a 64 bits env. I'll try and see if I encounter similar troubles...

Jul 10, 2009 at 3:30 AM

Sounds Good. Try to test it on a Windows Server 2008!! Coz i guess some security feature of Windows 2008 might be this issue...