This project is read-only.

FormDesigner unknown error

Jun 4, 2009 at 9:34 AM

Hi,

I've an issue, i can't get over with. I dowloaded and installed this SharePoint Tool Basket. It worked fine on a develeopment server. But when I installed on our work-server it knocked out several sites. On different site collections some subsites, on an other even the site collection top site. errormsg: "An unexpected error has occured."
This server has two front-ends, although during the installation there weren't any errors. Only this is the difference to the development server(in architecture).

After disabling FormDesigner feature everything went back to normal.
We like this FormDesigner solution and we want to use it if possible.
Do you have any suggestions to resolve this issue?

Thanks,

Ferenc

Jun 4, 2009 at 9:43 AM

Hi,

Scary...Well,

 

- which solution did you install : SharePoint Tool Basket? Forms Designer Entire Farm or Forms Designer with content types?

- when do you get the error "an error occured"? when you visit one of the forms associated to the lists?

- have you already checked the event viewer or 12\LOGS to see if you find more information about the error?

It looks strange and it's the first time that something like that is reported...

Best Regards

 

 

Jun 4, 2009 at 3:23 PM

Hi,

I checked the system for the answers:

1. I installed this solution(sptoolbasket moss solution): http://sptoolbasket.codeplex.com/Release/ProjectReleases.aspx?ReleaseId=21960#DownloadId=58113
I din'd find relevant information about your question on the download site.

2. I think we got these error messages unlinked to form associated lists. It occured on sites not using formdesigner.

3. In computer application log I've found this error message:
  Invalid URL: https://computername. You may also need to update any alternate access mappings referring to https://sps.companyname.hu.

Of course with the matching computer and domain names. In 12/logs the same error msg.

Thanks for helping

F

Jun 4, 2009 at 3:40 PM

Well, honnestly I don't see why the Forms Designer would cause this problem as the only thing it does is to deploy a few content types...and the error you mention do not refer at all to the Forms Designer.

I'd like to help out but I don't have any information...and honnestly, nobody else did report that although the forms designer has been downloaded thousands times...