This project is read-only.

Problems with Page ratings

May 26, 2009 at 5:11 PM

hi, I got a problem with page rating web part..

I added it to my site, but starts are not displayed, and the web part look like little points and some numbre ( 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5)

any help??

May 26, 2009 at 5:27 PM
Edited May 26, 2009 at 7:38 PM

Hi,

It means that for some reason, the css resource was not loaded correctly. When and which solution did you download?

Best Regards

[edit]

I downloaded the three versions and didn't reproduce your problem. The CSS files are located in the folder wpresouces of the 12 hive, just check whether they are present or not on all the web front-ends.

[/edit]

May 26, 2009 at 7:10 PM
Today I download:
SharePoint Tool Basket MOSS Solution, SharePoint Tool Basket MOSS Source, SharePoint Document Rating System MOSS Source, SharePoint Document Rating System MOSS ONLY Solution
I don't know what is wrong..
thanks!
regards
Elena

To: [email removed]
Date: Tue, 26 May 2009 09:28:05 -0700
Subject: Re: Problems with Page ratings [sptoolbasket:57492]

Hi,
It means that for some reason, the css resource was not loaded correctly. When and which solution did you download?
Best Regards

El nuevo Windows Live tiene mucho que ofrecerte. Descúbrelo en estos vídeos
May 26, 2009 at 7:43 PM

You might have deployed all the solutions in the same time? If it's the case, just remove everything. The solutions deploy common components so this would be in conflict. In theory, SharePoint shouldn't let you do so but we never know.

Just have a look at C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\web server extensions\wpresources . You should find a folder with the name of the solution containing another folder with two css files.

May 27, 2009 at 3:12 AM

I'm getting the following error when i try to add a page rating.

Unable to add the selected web part(s).

Rating System - Page Rating: A Web Part or Web Form Control on this Page cannot be displayed or imported. The type could not be found or it is not registered as safe.

May 27, 2009 at 7:01 AM

This is probably because you installed more than 1 solution. 3 different solutions delivers the page rating webpart. When you deactivate a feature, SharePoint does not remove the .webpart files stored in the webpart galery.

Remove the pageratingwebpart.webpart from the webpart galery (and any other .webpart file having "rating" in their name), then deactivate and re-activate the rating feature at site collection level so that the good .webpart files are well delivered.

You should be fine with that. If not, then it means that the deployment of the solution failed for some reason. In that case, just try to re-deploy.

May 27, 2009 at 12:20 PM
I still have the same problem...
I look at C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\web server extensions\wpresources . I found a folder with the name of the solution containing another folder with two css files
I removed solution and re-deploy but doesn't work
any help?
May 27, 2009 at 1:00 PM

Which browser are you using? Also, could you try from another machine or with another browser? I tested it with IE7 and Firefox.

May 27, 2009 at 4:38 PM

I used IE7 and Firefox...

I added only SharePointToolBasket solution... I need anything else?

May 27, 2009 at 4:50 PM

No you don't need anything else. I don't have a clue of what's going on then. Did you try from another machine (just to make sure, it's not a browser issue)?. What about your environment? Are you using AAM for intranet/extranet etc?

May 28, 2009 at 8:23 AM

it works!!!! =)

I decided to copy the two Style Sheets from the solution into my main css, then I reset all my sites to inherit this Css, and... it works!

thank's!

Regards

May 29, 2009 at 7:07 AM

Great! Still don't understand why it didn't work though. But anyway, if you're fine now, it's perfect.

Best Regards

Jun 18, 2009 at 6:21 AM

Hi Stephane,

Great webpart and I'd installed it successfully. Just a few question rgd  page rating.
I use a publishing page (news site) for  news and article. So probably it's not a document content type right?
I'd use page rating webpart and the rating only appear at the article/news page itself. How can i view the page rating
on the page item list i.e. /pages/forms/allitems.aspx , the list column  vote and comment appears but no shows any stars or comment.

Need your assistance. One more thing,  when user leaves comment there are no 'save' button to make sure it's done. When we put a comment, and view the comments,

the comments not appear/saved.

Thanks in advance. 

Jun 19, 2009 at 7:57 PM

Hi,

For the page rating, it's not the same way than for documents/custom lists etc... The page ratings are saved in a hidden list in the current web site. For the comments, users just have to input a comment and then click on the stars, nothing more. I realized that the comment isn't reflected until you reload the page, I'm gonna add some ajax code to reflect the user comment directly. However, if you refresh the page, you'll see that the comment is well saved.

Best Regards

Oct 22, 2009 at 1:58 PM

Hi. I am having the same error. I cannot add the web part because it is not considered as safe. I badly need to resolve this. Thanks! I cant seem to understand how you added the two css to the main solution. I also added the ajaxtoolkit already yet nothing happened. Thanks again.