This project is read-only.

spformsdesigner.wsp for WSS

May 26, 2009 at 12:33 PM

Hi,

as your solutions looks very interesting for me I've downloaded and deployed spformsdesigner.wsp. As it doesn't show up unter site features I thought that SharePoint Tool Basket is needed (for content types etc.). But as I use WSS 3.0 only I can not find any version under Downloads, it just shows me the version for MOSS ....

Can you help ?

Thanks a lot,

Martin

May 26, 2009 at 1:02 PM

Hi,

No, you can download only the forms designer. It should be ok although I never tested it on WSS but I guess many users did and they didn't report any problem.

Just have a look at the solution store to see whether the deployment was successfull or not (check the status). I removed SharePoint Tool Basket for WSS because it was too hard to maintain all those versions in parallel.

Best Regards

May 26, 2009 at 1:22 PM

Hi,

thank you for your quick reply. Really strange, it deployed without any problems:

Name: spformsdesigner.wsp
Type: Core Solution
Contains Web Application Resource: Yes
Contains Global Assembly: Yes
Contains Code Access Security Policy: No
Deployment Server Type: Front-end Web server
Deployment Status: Deployed
Deployed To: http://sts/
Last Operation Result: The solution was successfully deployed.
Last Operation Details: STS : http://sts/ : The solution was successfully deployed.
Last Operation Time: 5/26/2009 1:05 PM

But for some reasons it just does not show up under Site features (not as Form Designer and nor under any other name):

Expense Forms
This list allows one to fill out various expense forms

Hide the View All Site Content link
Removes (hides) the View All Site Content from the quick link navigation and adds a View All Site Content link to the Site Action menu. The new Site Action link is only visible to users having the AddAndCustomizePages right.

Strange ...

Best regards,

Martin

May 26, 2009 at 2:03 PM

Hi,

I understand your problem now. The feature does not show up under Site Features but under Site Collection Features. You need to be a site collection administrator to activate it for the entire site collection.

Best Regards

May 26, 2009 at 2:17 PM

Autsch, that hurts .... sorry ! Don't know why I didn't have a look on that.

Thanks a lot, I'm really looking forward to explore your form designer now ... you helped me a lot !

Best regards and have a nice day,

Martin

May 26, 2009 at 3:54 PM

No problem :). Have fun :)

Oct 7, 2009 at 2:30 PM

I was able to install the SPdesigner without content type on WSS 3.0 and active it successfully. I can open a list and view the layout deisgner. After designing and submitting the the changes to the form when I open the form, nothing changes. In other words, it isn't working. It allows me to move and position the columns where I want them but it is almost as if the changes arent saving even though I submit them. I have tried all options with the designer such as using the same form for all forms, just the new form, edit form and view form. Help. I'd love to use this.

Oct 22, 2009 at 2:06 PM

Hello,

I have the same problem like tmiller123 , Design form works butwhen i click submit nothing happend . I concent Types I cannot found Your content types, maybe it is a problem with localization? I used to PL , I was add the PL resx files ,rebuild Your solution and still no have content types ;) What I do wrong?

Thanks in advance