Serious Form Designer Flaw

May 21, 2009 at 4:59 AM

So let me get this straight...If I choose to NOT place a field on an Edit form (say to prevent it from being changed by a user, or because I don't feel like showing it)...Modifiable form will automatically change the value in that field to a NULL essentially wiping out any data that was previously stored in that field??

You've got to be kidding me.

Coordinator
May 21, 2009 at 6:33 AM

Hi,

Incredible bug indeed! You're right, I reproduced this behavior and I already fixed it. I did only work on the rendering so I didn't even thing of that but I had to mark the field as excluded which I've done now.

As I was going to release a new version of the basket, I'll release everything at once during the week-end.

Best Regards

Coordinator
May 21, 2009 at 6:51 AM
Edited May 21, 2009 at 6:52 AM

Hi,

I've re-uploaded the two vesions of the forms designer (with content types and for the entire farm). A stsadm -o upgradesolution -name SPFormsDesigner.wsp -filename <path to the downloaded solution> -allowgacdeployment -immediate will fix the problem.

The existing configuration will be kept.

If you downloaded the entire basket solution (WSS or MOSS), you'll have to wait a bit since I've got other things to finish first.

Best Regards

May 22, 2009 at 12:20 AM

By the time I posted this it was 1AM and I apologize if I was snarky.
I had no idea you could turn around a fix so quickly.

But I woke up to some good news! This build works as expected and totally rocks.

No, You rock! Thank you so much!

Coordinator
May 22, 2009 at 7:06 AM

No problem! I know that buggy things can make nervous :).

Best Regards