This project is read-only.

SPFormDesigner fields not showing in forms

May 4, 2009 at 12:26 PM
Hello,
I'm testing the SPFormDesigner feature and I have an issue. I've followed all the steps to activate the feature and I tried to make my custom form. The result is as on the screenshot below:

http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/8283/formdesignerissue.png
May 4, 2009 at 12:40 PM
Hi,

I guess you're using the solution with the content types? If yes, make sure that the columns you're dealing with have been added to the "modiable item" content type. When you add a content type after the creation of a list and its columns, the existing columns are not automatically added to the newly added content type, I guess that this is the problem for you.

Best Regards
May 4, 2009 at 1:08 PM
Thank's Man,
It even worked with an inherited content type :) You wrote "I guess you're using the solution with the content types?" Is there any other (maybe simplier) way?

Regards
WW
May 4, 2009 at 1:29 PM
Yes, I just release a version of the Forms Designer (the two last links of the downloads tab) that applies on the entire farm automatically with no need to work with content types.

Only two drawbacks :

- 1) you cannot limit the scope
- 2) if you have already installed another solution that overrides the "ListForm" rendering template, it won't work.

Otherwise, just have a look at the Forms Designer page explaining how to use that.

Best Regards