This project is read-only.

Creating blog comments through rating system

Apr 30, 2009 at 3:31 PM
I want to create comments for the blog posts with the rating system through the already existing comments list. What would be the best way to approach this?
May 21, 2009 at 8:49 AM

Hi,

I've implemented that now. I should release the version during the week-end. In the new version (May 2009), you'll benefit from the following new features :

- Blog comments are supported

- A "Show Ratings" webpart is now available to show the webpart of the current site or site collection. Ratings are grouped by value (5 stars, 4 stars etc...) and visitors can rate and view existing comments from that webpart.

- A new application feature is delivered to copy the language files in the App_GlobalResources of the targetted webapp

- A new site collection report is accessible from the site collection settings

- The application pages have been relooked to mimic the look & feel of the standard UI

- New stsadm commands (extensions) have been added to facilitate the installation of the rating system and also to provide rating reports directly from the console

I'll update the manual during the week-end.

Best Regards

Jul 9, 2010 at 10:12 AM

Hi

First of all thanks for such a great tool. I am having a problem in implementing Blog Rating. I actually want to apply ratings to the comments of blog posts and not on the posts. I would again be greatful if you can provide me some help on the same.