Form Designer

Apr 20, 2009 at 8:24 PM
Call me foolish :), but I installed the Form Designer wsp file to my development Central Administrator WSS 3.0 SP1 site. It installed correctly and showed the feature in the Site Collection Features, where I was able to activate it. However, I can't figure out how to actually use this tool. I'm really interested in using it for some projects that I have coming up, as it will immensely simplify my life, so any help you could provide on this would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Stephan
Coordinator
Apr 21, 2009 at 5:59 AM
Hi Stephan,

When you've deployed the solution, you should find a new content type group at site collection level called "Modifiable Forms". Inside it, you'll find content types that you can associate to lists (custom, issues etc...).

After you've associated a content type to a given list, you'll see a new action "Design Forms" in the "Actions" menu.

That's it!

If you want to apply that possibility over your entire farm without using a content type in between, this requires a little code change but this is feasible.

Best Regards

Apr 21, 2009 at 2:58 PM
Thanks, Stephane! I knew it was something silly :). I appreciate your time for helping me out.

Thanks,
Stephan

Coordinator
Apr 21, 2009 at 4:01 PM
No problem :)
Apr 22, 2009 at 11:20 PM
I also am having a problem. I followed the above steps and i do not see an entry in the actions menu, only under new.

Bentley
Coordinator
Apr 23, 2009 at 6:06 AM
Hi,

Have a look at the following page :

http://sptoolbasket.codeplex.com/Wiki/View.aspx?title=SharePoint%20-%20SPForms%20Designer&version=3

you must have one something wrong.

Best Regards