solution deployed only in Central Admin

Feb 23, 2009 at 7:48 AM
Edited Feb 23, 2009 at 7:57 AM
Hi there.
Have a bit of a troubl with the Document Rating feature. After added and deployed,  the Rating feature is available only in my Central Administration. I can activate it, the content types apear, everything ok. But in my site collection, only 2 features apear: Blog rating and Rating Moderators. When I try to activate either,  "One or more features must be turned on before this feature can be activated." pops up, although on the Central Admin site the feature is activated. No content types in the site collection library too.

Thanks for your time

Later edit: nevermind,it was my fault, wasn't loed with farm admin account:)

Jun 8, 2009 at 6:14 PM

Hi,

I have the same problem..."One or more features must be turned on before this feature can be activated." pops up, although on the Central Admin site the feature is activated.

CAN YOU PLEASE GUIDE ME ON THIS...I AM NEW IN SHAREPOINT

THANKS

May 19, 2010 at 10:24 AM

I too have the same problem.

I managed install the the HighLightMOSS  and activate the feature in the central admin. However on attempting to  activate the "Blog Rating" and "Document Rationg" Moderators" Features in the site collection - I get "One or more features must be turned on before this feature can be activated". Anyone know what Feature needs to be activated before I activate these two features.

Thanks

Shiva S.

Jun 12, 2010 at 7:10 PM

Same problem here, can't activate the voting feature

One or more features must be turned on before this feature can be activated.

Rating solution Language files

Deploys the language files to web application's resources folder

Looking into the WSP, it looks like the resource files are there. There's also a few referenced files in the WSP are that missing.

The Site Definition Manifest file, RatingTeamSite, does not exist within the WSP.

Within the manifest file, provisioning.xml, the File Url, RatingBlankWebPartPage.aspx is not in the WSP file. 

Nov 29, 2010 at 8:58 AM

Hi

I am aslo getting same error (One or more features must be turned on before this feature can be activated), please help me..