This project is read-only.

AJAX Column Size

Feb 20, 2009 at 4:47 PM
Is there a way to change the default size of the field?
Feb 21, 2009 at 9:17 AM
What do you mean? Are you talking about the number of items returned by the query? If yes, just replace "10" by whatever you want. If you're talking about the column width, there is nothing to specify it as for the standard columns...
Feb 21, 2009 at 9:45 PM
I meant the number of characters in the column.  I have names in the lookup that don't fit in the column. 

Thanks. 
Feb 22, 2009 at 11:27 AM
Ok I see. Well, I've got another version of that component and I thought it was that one I included in SharePoint Tool Basket. The size is limited to 15 characters via the maxlength attribute. What you can do is just extend this size and rebuild the solution.

I also have another version where I implemented wildcard support such a way that if you type this : %word% it will execute a CAML query like this <Where>....<Contains>word</Contains> which you could also implement but all of this needs a rebuild.

Best Regards
Feb 23, 2009 at 6:39 PM
Thanks.  I changed the character max.  Where would I implement the wildcard functionality?

Feb 23, 2009 at 6:58 PM
Well, you could do it in the file CustomLookupFieldControl.cs where the CAML query is triggered. You can just check whether the value entered by the user contains a wildcard and switch from the BeginsWith operator to Contains

Best Regards
Feb 23, 2009 at 6:58 PM

Thanks…I just found that.

Bill Hand

Business Applications Manager

420 Lexington Avenue, 17th Floor

New York, NY 10170

p 212-216-1767 | f 212-216-1782

Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail

From: StephaneEyskens [mailto:notifications@codeplex.com]
Sent: Monday, February 23, 2009 1:58 PM
To: Bill Hand
Subject: Re: AJAX Column Size [sptoolbasket:48022]

Well, you could do it in the file CustomLookupFieldControl.cs where the CAML query is triggered. You can just check whether the value entered by the user contains a wildcard and switch from the BeginsWith operator to Contains

Best Regards