Forms Designer

Oct 25, 2013 at 9:08 AM
Hello Stephane,

Forms Designer is a great tool for a SP2007 project I am working on. The problem I have is that I would need more rows. Can you tell what changes I should make to get more rows? I have already the sourcecode project in VS and WSBuilder for installing the project to my test machine).
Oct 25, 2013 at 12:58 PM
Edited Oct 25, 2013 at 2:53 PM
Hello, I have found a solution by myself:

Download the source code project. Set up the project in Visual Studio 2008. Then you can append rows in the file "CustiomForm.aspx". The table rows are defined with statements looking like this:
<tr>
    <% for (int i = 183; i < 195; i++)
     {  %>
    <td style="border:solid 1px;border-color:green;width:20px;text-align:center;"><div id="DragContainer<%=i.ToString()%>">&nbsp;</div></td>   
  <% } %>        
</tr>
You can append rows easily (just raise the values of the loops by 12, 24, ...).
<tr>
    <% for (int i = 195; i < 207; i++)
     {  %>
    <td style="border:solid 1px;border-color:green;width:20px;text-align:center;"><div id="DragContainer<%=i.ToString()%>">&nbsp;</div></td>   
  <% } %>        
</tr>
<tr>
    <% for (int i = 207; i < 219; i++)
     {  %>
  <% } %>        
</tr>
Furthermore there are is some logic based on the Dragcontainernumber, which has to be adjusted too.
Search in "CustomForm.aspx" for the number "194" and replace it with the highest number of your Dragcontainers (in the example above this would be 218).

That's it, hope this helps. Now you should have two rows more for designing your forms. You can append as much rows as you would like, but think about ui usability ;)
Marked as answer by Holdarien on 10/25/2013 at 6:05 AM